Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back Home Day

I know that I need to blog about our trip, but there is so much to say that I'm having trouble putting it all in order. I have posted the best pictures at the following sites:

First half of the trip
http://web.mac.com/jvmoorefamily/iWeb/Site/Ranch%20Favs.html

Second half of the trip
http://gallery.me.com/jvmoorefamily#100164

We really did have a great time. Travel couldn't have gone more smoothly even though everything had to be last minute. The worst things that happened were that Joseph's left forearm was burned pretty badly from a grill, we missed one train and when we checked into one hotel, they assigned us a room that someone else was already in--and it was 11:30 at night. Oops! The children loved the travel and the activities. The highlight was seeing family--almost all of James' family and we even squeezed in a quick visit to my Grandparents in the Bay area before we flew out! This morning Joseph was even telling me that we needed to go to the airport this morning and catch our plane. I guess he's pretty acclimated to traveling!

Despite the great time we had away, it was good to get home. Our neighbors are awesome and the whole trip they kept begging us to come home and they were good at assuring us that our house had not burned down. The children keep waking up early, but it has worked to tell them that they have to sleep until the sun comes up and they go right back to sleep. Yesterday we were up early to go get my driver's license. My out of state one expired in January, so I was driving for a couple months on an expired license and then I took the written test so I had my driver's permit for a couple of months. After three hours there yesterday I am a licensed driver! Straight from there we all went to the Y so Papa and Mommy could get some exercise (Mommy gets grouchy when she doesn't work out!). Joseph climbed on the climbing wall and played with the dump truck while Kendra played with the dolls. Then it was nap time! While Joseph and Kendra slept, Uncle Joseph came over so that Papa could take Mommy on a motorcycle ride: (notice the rain)



When we got home, the children had just woken up and we all went to Battle & Battle's house for dinner! After that, the children went to bed without any fight whatsoever. It was a great day of being home and being together.

1 comment:

Matthew Crocker said...

Dig the boots! Glad to have found your blog.