Saturday, March 7, 2009

One of THOSE days

Yesterday was one of THOSE days. We had a birthday party to go to at 9:00 that was across the wall from us--the next door (wall) neighbor's son. Of course, since I do childcare, I had two extra children with us, but I don't think the morning would have gone much smoother without them. Joseph woke up while I was taking care of business/phone stuff at the computer. I let him play while I finished up, but he was angry that he didn't have my full attention and brought a dump truck load of rocks into my laundry room. While I told him to pick all the rocks up, Kendra woke up. By the time I got her, set her at the table with Cheerios and checked on Joseph again, he had poured liquid laundry soap all over the rocks, floor and laundry pile. Red Hawaiian dirt, rocks and soap were everywhere. I tool a step away and a deep breath, only to find Kendra covered in spilled orange juice and on the table. I told Joseph to sit in the corner while I got Kendra down and changed (quickly!). By that time, our little 12 month old FCC child was into Joseph's mess. I changed her and strapped her into the high chair, hoping she couldn't get into anything else there. By the time I got everyone fed, clothed and at the door, we were 20 minutes late--and we had such a short distance to travel! So I went to the garage to grab the present for the little boy only to find that the car is gone. "Oh well", I thought. We walked out the front door, through our driveway and passed our car that was parked in the driveway and to the party. I didn't even realize that the car was simply moved so James could get his motorcycle out that morning. Thankfully, the party went pretty well and nap time followed shortly thereafter, even though they each had ice cream and lollipops. The mess in the laundry room sat for the rest of the day, through the night, and through this morning until I finally got the energy to tell Joseph to clean it up and enforce him doing so. Finally, I came out victorious...a full day later :)

No comments: